It’s the time of year for making lists, and hopefully sticking to them. I’ve compiled a list of items from Twitter and Facebook folks, which are certainly worth checking out for Christmas.
Everything from excellent food products, to gift vouchers, there is bound to be something on this List to suit. The following is my “Selection Box” of what’s available to order online.
- “A Modern Irish Cookbook” is the brainchild of Goodalls of Ireland, and brings together a collection of recipes from Irish food bloggers, and, in which, two of my recipes feature. Available as a download or hard copy, all profits going to Crosscare Dublin, and Cork Penny Dinners.
- For top quality, GMO free, free-range pork and bacon, look no further than Oldfarm, Redwood, Lorrha, Co. Tipperary. Margaret and Alfie work so hard to ensure quality and consistancy in their products.
- Jane Steger-Lewis, an Artist, Designer and Illustrator living in the West of Ireland, has beautiful and original Christmas cards and prints available on her website, “I-Love-Mayo”.
- Author, Sunday Times Columnist, Student, and very busy Mum, Móna Wise published her first cookbook earlier this year. “The Chef and I” is a wonderful insight into her life, and contains easy to follow, great tasting recipes. Available online here.
- Professional Photographer Neil Danton, who is based in Cork City, has photography tuition on offer, for all you happy snappers out there. Small groups and individual classes are available. An unusual and very useful gift idea.
- Umnumnum Boutique Cookery School, Ballincollig, Co. Cork, has a range of gift vouchers for cookery classes, taught by the very lovely Margaret Smith, who owns and runs the School.
- Debbie Ross has delicious Cakebombs and more in her online store. Be warned, time is running out, as 10th December is the last date for Corporate orders, and 17th December for Cakebombs and treats.
- For a great Christmas or anytime gift, for others, or just yourself, Tara Hammond has beautiful Slate products, such as cake-stands, serving platters, cheese boards and lots more.